Join our Annual Giving Campaign!
With your support, we will raise $120,000 this year so that we can continue our mission and ignite a spark of hope and change in our kids.
Teaching values, one lap at a time.
San Diego VeloYouth is the only values-based program that serves at-risk kids by infusing goal-setting, cycling and daily achievement.
SD VeloYouth Program
San Diego VeloYouth (SDVY) is:
- At-risk and disadvantaged teens improving confidence and self-esteem
- Cycling and life skills coaching at Balboa Park's San Diego Velodrome
- Making healthy choices
- Earning a bike through:
- Giving back to the community
- Paying it forward
- Becoming mentors to their peers
- Practicing STARS: Self-Respect, Teamwork, Achievement, Responsibility, Success
Meet The Kids
San Diego VeloYouth kids:
- Attend schools where 75% of the student population participates in the free or reduced-price lunch program
- Live in neighborhoods with high gang activity
- Struggle with emotional and/or developmental disabilities
- May be homeless
But what they all share are huge hearts and a desire to move beyond their circumstances.
Meet Our Board
San Diego VeloYouth is:
- All-volunteer Board of Directors
- Grassroots organization
- Founded in 2006
- 501c3 TIN 20-5173974
This special group of people prove that a "small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world." —Margaret Mead